Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

No Longer M.I.A.!!!

Hello?  Is anyone out there?!  It's me, Meredith, teacher from Connecticut!

Hello?!

Anyone?!

It has been a LONG time since I last posted and I apologize for not being more consistent in my posts.  One of the things that I loved about blogging years ago was the community of support that we had for one another.  My family became larger and then grew again and I found that I had less and less time to do what I loved!  I am back (both children are on a regular sleep schedule) and am happy to be creating and sharing with all of you!

My littles are now four-and-a-half years old and two-years old.  I can't even believe it!  How has the time flown?!  My older daughter will be entering Kindergarten in the fall and my younger daughter will be in preschool!  I'm so happy for the both of them, that they will have an opportunity to spread their wings and grow not only as learners, but as little people as well.  They need the socialization and structure in their lives that we find in school.

Since I last posted, I personally have had a lot of changes in my life.  The 21 Day Fix and Shakeology had entered my life and since July, I have lost about 35 pounds!  It really has been life-changing.  I have more energy for my children, am eating and cooking healthier meals and exercise 30-minutes a day.  I think that these are all important things not only for our families to see but for our students in school as well.  I have been a user of GoNoodle for almost three years now and am thrilled to see all of the various exercises and activities that they have for kids that promotes good health and positive thinking!  So important!

With my weight loss came the confidence boost that I so desperately needed.  Last summer, as I was relaxing on our deck with my daughter, I realized how relaxed I was being home with her.  It was at that moment that it occurred to me how stressed I was driving back and forth to work.  I applied for jobs closer to home (I was commuting one to two hours- depending on traffic- one way to work last year) and was hired by a school about 20 minutes from my house!  No traffic, great school community, fantastic teachers, parents and students!  I have no regrets at all.  It has been a year of growth for me!

I am now teaching THIRD grade, which is quite the change from first grade-- academically, socially and emotionally.  I can honestly say that this time last year, I couldn't imagine teaching a grade level other than first grade.  A year later I am LOVING third grade!  My teacher created materials are slowly being changed over and I am excited to share them all with you!

What have you all been up to?  I have lost all of my followers?  Hope you are all having a great school year!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Meredith, congratulations on your family and your new job AND your weight loss! WOW! You have deserved some time off! :) I'm excited that you're back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn!!!! Thank you so much! I'm excited to be back and to reconnect with you!!! Hope all is well! :)

      Delete
  2. Meredith, it sounds like you have had a busy but exciting year! Welcome back - I can't wait to see what you are doing with your third graders :)

    ~ Sarah
    One Modern Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Thank you so much! It's been a busy year for sure! I can't wait to share what we are up in my classroom! :)

      Delete