Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Five for Friday! Happy New Year!

Hi everyone!

I know it's a been a while since I've written.  It's been so long that I even have my mom asking me why I haven't blogged in so long!  Life is so crazy and busy with these two little love bugs around, that's why!!!!  But I'm back to work now from maternity leave, back to a routine and ready to blog again!
So serious...

...then all smiles!!!  Love these girls!
Just hanging out!
The W girls


I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching's "Five for Friday" linky party!  I have missed this and am excited to participate this week!  Here goes nothing!




Happy New Year!  My wonderful husband and I, for the first time ever in our eight years of being together, stayed in for NYE.  We bought food and made appetizers for ourselves, had dessert, cuddled with our two little girls and watched the ball drop as a new family of four.  We have always had friends over and were invited to a housewarming/NYE party but felt the need to be low key this year. I told my husband that I would be happy to do this every year!  It was a great way to start 2014.





We have had our house on the market and received an offer the week before Christmas.  After negotiating back and forth a few times, we settled on a price and signed the binder on the 23rd of December.  The inspection was the 26th of December and actually went really well (they had a few things on their list for us to fix).  We started making plans to move and have been seriously house hunting now.  This evening I received a phone call that the buyer decided to withdraw his offer and move on to another house.  So disappointing and frustrating however the buyer has done this before on another property, so I shouldn't be so surprised.  It was a low blow that ruined our evening though and I am hoping another buyer comes along quickly!



Tummy time!

My little cupcake transitioned from the bassinet to the crib in her own room!  She has been doing fantastic, practically sleeping through the night at three-months old.  I was worried about her and her big sister sharing a room; her big sister likes to climb on the crib and watch her every move.  I have to say, things have been going very smoothly!  Everyone is sleeping nicely and I can't complain at all!!!!
Happy all the time!  This picture makes me happy!


I started back to school from my maternity leave yesterday, January 2nd.  It was a great transition back though as we had early dismissal for the snow and then no school today because of the snow!  I missed my students and my classroom very much while I was gone.  It was thrilling interacting with my students again, planning lessons, and collecting and correcting papers again.  I loved being back in my home away from home, my classroom.  Only 12 students were actually in school...9 students were absent because of the weather.

I have a lot of cleaning and reorganizing to do (I told my substitute to make the room her own, which she did.  I am happy for that).  It's been nice to be back in a routine again, although I miss my girls SO much and there's not a second that goes by that I don't think about them or want to be home with them.  At least they are in good hands (my husband and my mother-in-law).





I spent a lot of time on Pinterest on New Year's Eve.  I haven't used the website in so long but found this cute worksheet that Amy VanMiddlesworth from Pencils, Books and Dirty Looks created!  My students loved it yesterday.



I also found this worksheet that Faith at 1st Grade Fantabulous created.  I will actually be using it as an assessment for the first half of our nonfiction unit.


Happy New Year everyone!!!!  Looking forward to all of the things that 2014 has to bring!

2 comments:

  1. Meredith, I don't blame you for not blogging when I see those precious little faces! Good for you for just spending time with them! :) Don't you LOVE NYE at home? I do, too. I bet you are busy getting back into your classroom- getting it back to the way you want it. I'm glad you had a little snow day help to ease back in! :) Happy New Year!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year!!! Good to hear from you, Carolyn!

      Meredith
      1, 2, Eyes On You!

      Delete