Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

My New Blog Design!!!


As I began to get more into blogging, I decided that I wanted to have a "fancy" design.  I tried to DIY it but found, as tech savvy as I was, I didn't have the chops to cut it.  I began Googling blog designers and paying attention to who used what designers on their blogs.  At the end of the day, I chose Megan of I Teach. What's Your Super Power?  After designing her own blog she decided to begin her own design business.  It's called A Bird in Hand Designs.  Megan offers so many packages, from pre-designed blogs to one-of-a-kind blog designs.  I loved how organized and clean each one design looked!

I initially contacted Megan via email about a month ago stating my interest in having her design my blog.  She responded back very quickly and we were on our way!

The thing I loved most about the end product was that Megan just didn't throw things on the page and say she was done.  We went back and forth A LOT about colors, fonts, design elements, placement on the page and so on.  She made the blog EXACTLY what I wanted, even though I started out not knowing what I wanted.  This was a personal process as well, being able to to work directly with the person who owns the business.

Take a look at her work if you get a chance!!!

Thank you, Megan!!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful, eyecatching and warm layout indeed! Definitely got her name jotted down for when I want to go pro and buy a layout.

    It really seems as though it is personalised and worth the investment!

    Best wishes,
    Becky
    http://educatingprimary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Megan was awesome and it was definitely worth the investment. :)

      Meredith

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful! I just got my blog redesigned too! It gets you excited to blog :)

    I'm your newest follower!
    Miss M
    The Fabulous First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss M!

      I checked out your blog too...I'm your newest follower as well! Yours is beautiful! I love the coloring on it. I am definitely even more excited to blog now!!! :)

      Meredith

      Delete
  3. Designing your own website is fun and exciting, but it needs skills to be able to make one. You can find a lot of online tutorial to help you do the basic designing. Anyway, asking for professional help is the easiest and surest way to successfully create a great website or blog design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog designing seems an easy task, but once you go on with the details, you will surely find it difficult to decide about the color, style, texture, and theme to use. Don’t be afraid to try things out. Explore and discover what’s best for your blog. Just let your style and personality be felt on the design. Create something that will truly capture the attention of your target viewers.
    Marta Terry @ Canyon Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s true, Martha. There’s nothing wrong about experimenting as long as it would suit to your taste. Or if you want, you can consult an expert like Megan to help you work on designing your site.

    Shelly @AlignedRightMedia.com

    ReplyDelete