Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Currently September!

Oh my...can you believe it's September already?!?!?!  I am linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for the first time ever for her Currently September linky party!


Listening:  To my daughter watch "Elmo" and the PBS app on my iPad.  She is so funny...she's on this kick of saying, "I'm so smart!" every time she does something on the iPad.  I'm hoping this is just a phase as she is starting a 2-year old program at a local preschool in another week or so!

Loving:  I love that we had today off...it was nice to rest after spending the last two weeks running around like a chicken with my head cut off!  I spent the day resting with my family...what's better than that?!?!

Thinking:  I really need to finish up my lesson plans and other loose ends tonight for the following week.  If I go into labor this week, I want everything to be set for my substitute and teammates (I am team leader and have all of the homework on my computer).

Wanting:  This baby seems ready to come out!  I have been contracting off and on since Thursday last week.  They last about an hour and then stop.  This afternoon I had strong contractions for forty-five minutes and then nothing.  I'm ready for this little girl!!!

Needing:  A full night's sleep!  I haven't slept through the night in months!  My daughter has this 1 am/3:30 am thing going on every night and I have to go to the bathroom every hour it seems.  I tell myself to relax and enjoy this time...she's only two once!

Some goals for the month:

1.  I want a safe labor and delivery.  It's easy to think about what can go right or can go wrong...I need to stay focused on the positives!

2.  I sometimes put work first (I hate saying that) and I really want to focus on my family more.  I spent the last year finishing my 6th year degree and my family really was put on the side-burner.  I have a beyond wonderful husband, daughter, parents, brother, sister and grandparents and I want to spend more time with them!

3.  Drinking lots of water and eating healthy is up there on my list.  Once this baby is born, I really want to lose the baby weight and then some.  It's important to be healthy and it's time I put more energy on this!

Thank you to Farley for hosting this linky party!!!

7 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, how exciting! Best of luck with your baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog through the currently! I love your goals! Congrats on your pregnancy! Wishing you a safe delivery!
    -Marie
    Beach Lovin' Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie! I'm loving your blog and am a new follower!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your delivery!! I know once you get so close...you just can't take it anymore! I have 2 kids myself:) Get that sleep while you can!!

    Tammy
    Come By and Visit My Blogs!
    ”Dots” of Fun!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy!

      Thank you for your advice...I trust what you are telling me! :) I'm your newest follower on both your blogs!

      Meredith
      1, 2, Eyes On You!

      Delete
  4. I so need a full nights sleep myself. It's so hard when you have 100000 things to do before you sleep.

    *yay for being your newest follower....drop by*

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete