Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Peek At My Week!

Hi everyone!  I'm linking up with Jennifer at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings to share with you "A Peek at My Week"!

Here's what I have on deck for this coming week...


Labor Day!  Which means no school!  After a very crazy, fulfilling, stressful first week of school, I'm looking forward to moving forward with the second week of school.  Tomorrow I plan on relaxing with my husband and daughter, timing more contractions (I've been having them since Friday night) and planning my upcoming two weeks along with the remainder of my maternity leave.

Reader's Notebooks!!!
Table of Contents page that is pasted on the front page of the green journal.


Writer's Notebooks!
Tuesday we will be working with our Reader's Notebooks and Writer's Notebooks according to our curriculum.  We spent Friday setting up our journals to write in.  One of the requirements of our new curriculum for first graders is that they have table of contents pages in their journals.  I'm excited to see what they have to write!




At some point this week, I will be Skyping/Google Hangout-ing with one of my closest friends who is also a teacher.  We went out for brunch yesterday and found out that we are reading the same blogs, creating similar products and had no idea that the other was doing the same.  We live about an hour apart but are going to try meeting up online to collaborate together!  I am so excited!



Thursday and Friday we have no school!  That's right, this week is a two-day school/work week!  We have a very large Jewish community, so having the days off for Rosh Hashanah is very important for their religion.  I am excited to be home with my daughter, plan more maternity leave activities for my class and just relax!

And...at some point this week or next or the week after...there could be a new member of our family!  This baby girl still has 11 days to cook until my due date but we are ready now!  I think I'm making my husband crazy updating him with every ache, pain, contraction, etc.  I just can't wait!

Have a great week!!!

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your two day week and best of luck with your contractions!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,

      Thank you!!! They have since stopped...Boooo! I'm just so ready!

      Meredith :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my...you are soooo close! Best of luck to you!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,

      Thank you for hosting again!!! I am so excited to be so close...I hope this week but who knows when!

      Meredith
      1, 2, Eyes On You!

      Delete
  3. I love having time to chat with other teachers!

    Best of luck with your new soon to be addition. My best friend just had her little girl Wednesday and I can't wait to spend sometime with her this week.

    ~Bagby
    Math Madness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bagby,

      Thank you for stopping by! It's fun meeting up with other teachers...that's why I am loving blogging. :)

      Meredith
      1, 2, Eyes On You!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your two day week, and best of luck on your upcoming new arrival!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete