Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Five For Friday!!!!

I have been downright TERRIBLE with blogging these last two weeks!  It's awful!  Between the ongoing construction at my school, setting up the classroom in two-and-a-half days, professional development sessions, faculty meetings, late nights preparing maternity leave plans, teaching all day (we had a full week this week) and taking care of my family, I'm wiped out!  Not to mention contractions have been on and off for the last two days...and I still have two more weeks until my due date!!!

To try to catch up, I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five For Friday linky party!


My blog is about to receive a makeover from A Bird In Hand Designs!  I am so excited to be working with Megan on making my blog prettier with more of the features I want.



My colleague and I are part of our school's PBIS team.  Back in April we volunteered to create a video to introduce PBIS to the staff.  It was a huge success!  We spent the last few days of school filming more elements of PBIS so that we could create an introductory video for students.  It was a HUGE success and I am so proud of the work that we did!



My sixth year degree in Educational Psychology with a concentration in Educational Technology was conferred last Friday!  I found out officially on Wednesday after lots of back and forth from my advisors.  I am thrilled to have completed my degree in spite of everything going on in my life (one-year old daughter, husband, pregnancy, pregnancy complications, Teacher of the Year nomination, teaching full-time).  It's been a whirlwind year but I am happy to be done!


My daughter is going to be going to school for the first time in a week-and-a-half!  She's going to a two-year program one day a week and we couldn't be happier.  It's at an Episcopal church five minutes away from us and for two-and-a-half hours a day.  It is the perfect introduction to school for her!  Of course I am a nervous-wreck, but what parent isn't?!

T-minus 13 days until my due date!  This pregnancy has been so different than my first one; I had so many complications early on and so many moments when we thought we lost the baby.  I will be happy when she is here and in my arms!  I can't wait to savor every moment!

Happy Friday, everyone!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. 13 days until your due date, that's awesome!! I still have 47 days until mine! I was cruising along nicely until school started and the temps here in Illinois started hitting 100...now I'm swollen & uncomfortable from standing all day! So I am definitely jealous of your 13 days :) Good luck!!!

    Cait
    Sliding into First!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy, isn't it? Being pregnant and teaching and sitting in hot temperatures are not a good combination. You're almost there too...it goes fast, I promise (until the last two weeks...these weeks have felt like an eternity).

      Thank you for stopping by!
      Meredith
      1, 2, Eyes On You!

      Delete