Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Five for Friday (On a Saturday)

I completely forgot about a Five for Friday post yesterday!  Too much excitement this week!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share five things that happened this week.

This morning as I was catching up with my blog reading on Blog Lovin', I noticed that Melissa from Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late (love her blog title!) created numbers for her post and shared them with everyone...thank you again!

Here we go!



I created my lesson plan template this week!  I had to wait until we received our schedules, which arrived via email on Tuesday evening.  I was so excited!  I think I have changed my template every year for the last five years.  This year I am trying our Kristen at Ladybug's Teacher Files' lesson plan template.  Here is her's.....


And here's mine!

I'm so excited to put mine together!  This the notebook I'm going to be using this year:

Thank you Tiffany from The Learning Effect for sharing her notebook and the beautiful lesson plan packet she created as well!


Received my class list!  So exciting!  Can't wait to meet my new firsties!!!


I gave a very large professional development training on Thursday for my district.  The topic was math and it was for those teachers moving multiple grade levels OR teachers new to the district.  I love having the opportunity to meet with the new teachers.  They are always so eager and excited to be in the classroom!  It was a great group and although I messed up the time tremendously (I rushed through one part of my presentation because I read the clock wrong...I blame nerves and being nine months pregnant on that lol) the session went very well!  I shared a bunch of TpT documents and other resources I have collected over the years.


I used Keynote on my MacBook for the first time ever to create the Math presentation and I am hooked!!!  I have always been a Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/Excel girl at heart (even with my MacBook) and I decided to take a chance and try something new.  It was a great experience and I will definitely be using it again!

I think Mr. W and I FINALLY picked a baby name!  I'm not going to share it because we want to keep it private until the baby is born.  I'm due in three weeks, so this was cutting it close!  Like I wrote earlier this week, it's just so hard to figure out a name when you are a teacher (at least I found that anyway).  My criteria was that it could not be the name of someone I taught before.

One more thing...

Don't forget to check out my items on TpT during their HUGE Back-to-School Sale which is taking place Sunday and Monday!  Everything will be 28% off!  A tip being shared through different bloggers is to make your large purchases on Sunday, leave feedback to earn your credits, and then use the credits to purchase more items on Monday.  My wishlist is a mile long, so I am excited to get shopping!

Happy Weekend!


4 comments:

  1. It must've been tough picking a name that wasn't a kid you'd had before!! I can't wait to find out what you chose! :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very, very hard! And my husband works in a school too, so between the two of us it has been a battle! I'm happy that finally found a name that neither of us associate with school/work/students! I needed it to be our own, if that makes any sense.

      Love your blog as well!

      Meredith
      1, 2, Eyes On You!

      Delete
  2. Gosh I hope that I've not been teaching too long by the time I get to have kids!! Although my kids haven't yet taken the names I like so so far so good!!
    I'm your newest follower, I love the look of your blog!!
    Erin
    The E-Z Class Follow on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! It's so hard...my daughter is named after my grandmother, so that was extremely easy. This time has been so difficult!

      Thank you for following me! I'm following you as well!

      Meredith

      Delete