Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Five For Friday (On a Saturday For a Second Week In a Row)!

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the Five For Friday linky party!


I don't know about the rest of you, but I am absolutely exhausted after this week!  I feel so guilty about not blogging but I have spent every night after my daughter goes to bed getting materials prepped for my classroom set-up.  We lost about three weeks of set-up time because of construction, so we all had to work really hard to get things done.  Here goes nothing!!!

Before...Monday morning.  Dirty floor, no window.

Another before picture.  I can't believe this was on Tuesday! 
After my husband worked his magic!
We were finally able to start work on our classrooms while construction has been ongoing...which is a good thing considering we have students on Monday!  On Tuesday, my husband and Amalia came to my classroom.  My husband is a custodian and has plenty of work to do in his own building, but I was really thankful that he took a personal day to come help me.  He mopped the floor two times and moved my furniture into place!  If he hadn't done that, I don't know what I would have done.  Here are some before and after pictures from Monday and Tuesday.

The bulletin board my dad put together...very neat!  These job spots are in my TpT store!

My father took a half-day on Tuesday to help me set-up my classroom as well.  He built my new Ikea drawer system and then helped me move more things into place as well as a put together a bulletin board for me!  His first one!  I think he did a great job!  :)


My sister came down Thursday night so she could watch my daughter all day Friday.  We took her to dinner and had a fun time watching "Sharknado".  My husband loves when she is around...they have a lot of good laughs!

I completed my classroom yesterday!  I have just about everything together.  The only thing missing are my windows and new blinds...hopefully I'll walk in Monday morning and they will be put together!  My fingers are crossed.  I think my room came out pretty good!

Mailboxes and job board.

Right whiteboard with objectives, schedule (I forgot to print the lunch one, Where Am I? (how I am able to determine where students are when they're not in the building...works like a charm).

Birthdays!

Author's Wall...I call it the Author's Spotlight (it goes with my polka dot theme).

Library and Genre Board.

Reading strategies...we use the beanie baby ones.  The green cubes go in the corner where there is no window.  I use that as storage and my reading nook.  It is a much-loved area!

No window :(  I love how clean my counters are this year though.  It makes a huge difference!

Guided Reading table with storage cubes for seating.  No window in the front as well.

PBIS positive reward chart, Science Word Wall, Interactive Word Wall, Days of the Week and Months of the Year!

Word Wall!  The file cabinet will go in the corner by the window so my first graders can easily access it.

I am thankful for my family.  Without my parents, sister, brother, my in-laws and especially my husband and daughter, my life would not run as smoothly as it does.  This week was strenuous and draining for me and I was lucky to have family members pitch in and help out.

I'm looking forward to a great start on Monday!!!!  Can't wait to share some of the things I have planned for my class! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meredith,
    Your classroom looks so cute (and your blog design is so cute too!). It's so nice that you had some extra helpers in you room as you were setting up. :)
    Hope your year starts off well!
    Aylin
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aylin!

      It has been a fabulous start! Thank you for the compliments on the room...I had a window today when I went in (thank goodness)!!! I love my extra helpers too. :)

      Meredith

      Delete